Free Chat Lines
- Edinburgh Nightline, run by students for students- 0131 557 4444
- SHOUT, free text messaging support 24/7- Text SHOUT to 8525
- Anxiety Uk Free Chat Line- here
- Breathing Space Scotland, when you’re feel overwhelmed by your thoughts & feelings call for free- 0800 83 85 87
- OCD Action helpline, Monday-Friday, 9.30am-8pm- 020 7253 2664
- Beat Eating Disorders Helpline- 0800 801 0677, Student line- 0800 801 081, Web Chat- here
- Online Counselling Directory here, for self referral.
- Emotion Matters offer a discount for students looking for therapy (including online sessions).
- PF Counselling are an Edinburgh based service, offering ‘pay what you can’ sessions.
- Good advice for helping friends in need here.
- Download Students Mind Guide to helping your friends here.
Podcasts We Recommend!
Chatting about positivity and wellness with our yoga instructor and friend, Torzi.
Talking all things exercise and wellbeing with our friend, Ben.
This Mo Gawdat episode is an amazing and inspiring podcast about happiness, highly recommend!
The Anxiety Podcast is a great place to look for short snippets of advice and support!
Great perspective on things that don’t go right! What our failures can teach us about how to succeed better.
Happy Place is a really easy listen for positive vibes and open conversations.
Challenging society’s definition of worth through weight, discussing shame & lives challenges.
Feat. guests who have pushed through different physical & mental barriers. Celebrating remarkable stories of resilience!